Maison

1950’s Exclusive Tricolor Hanging lamp Lyfa Denmark

Unfortunately the designer of this lamp remains unknown for know. It’s rather complex build up and three tone color scheme show true craftsmanship and know how. The lamp is signed with the LYFA paper label.

Danish lighting company Lyfa was originally founded ca. 1924 under the name of Københavns Lampe Og Lysekronefabrik in the early 20th century. Based in the greater Copenhagen area and renamed Lyfa ca. 1930, the firm began producing table lamps inspired by the multi-shaded PH Series (from 1925) by Poul Henningsen  for Louis Poulsen. Lyfa’s lighting continued to show this influence through the 1940s.

From the 1950s to mid-1970s Lyfa was considered a pioneer in innovative, architectural lighting. Along the way, the company received numerous awards—including multiple International Forum Product Design Awards. Lyfa merged with Danish lighting competitor FOG & MORUP  in the mid ’70s. The new company operated as Lyfa-Fog & Mørup until the 1980s when it was taken over by a mass-market lighting producer, Lyskaer, and the Fog & Mørup brand was abandoned. That company has since changed hands, with the Lyfa label currently owned (but largely discontinued) by Nordlux of Ålborg.

 

SKU: 018-1-3-1-2-2-1-4-1-1-1 Categories: , , Tags: , , ,

Additional information

Weight 1.5 kg
Dimensions 40 × 18 × 18 cm